Refund Policy10 March,2015
All our customers may terminate their Publishing contract and request a refund for any of the following reasons:
- LitFire Publishing commits a breach of contract
- The agreement is terminated by the author after submitting their manuscript but prior to the start of the cover design
- The agreement is terminated by the author after the cover design stage but prior to the final sign off
- The agreement is terminated after the start of the cover design due to the following reasons:
Publisher Breaches the Contract
The author is entitled to a full refund if the publisher commits a material breach of the contract. Material breach, also known as total breach, refers to a failure to perform essential terms of the contract that results in a negative effect on the service.
We will refund you 100%.
Author Breaches the Contract
Authors may terminate the contract at any time, and the amount to be refunded depends on the stage
- Prior to the start of the cover design, you will receive a 100% refund less $150 to cover setup costs
- Due to unforeseen circumstances specified above (death and disability), the author or their heir, successor or assign will receive a 30% refund
- After cover design but prior to the final sign off, you will be refunded 20% less the $150 set up charge
- After the final sign off, your publishing package becomes non-refundable
There are two instances where the author’s right to claim a refund will be forfeited:
- When the author has not provided the materials necessary in publishing their book (manuscript, etc.) within four months after the service order was made.
- The author commits a breach of contract. LitFire Publishing will also terminate publication of the author’s book.